Friday, September 09, 2005

God Bless Tiny Tim


My usual high tolerance for unusual music was recently tested. But I conquered the threat of intolerance with only a few scratches.
God Bless Tiny Tim is a trippy masterpiece. When I first began to listen to this album, I was convinced I was beat. The androgynous falsetto, is not unlike a Tele-Tubbie on hormones. But I found that I couldn't turn it off. In fact I listened to it about five times in one evening. Part comedy/novelty album, Tiny Tim brings his obsession for popular music, ranging from Victorian Music halls to Sonny and Cher, and delivers a psychedelic gem. I really cannot describe the many oddities of this album, it is truly an experience. Enter if you dare. Tiny Tim might fuck you up, but god bless him anyhow!

3 Comments:

Blogger ted d. said...

Tiny Tim has been fucking up my trippy bummer for years, but mostly I like his magic.

10:13 PM  
Blogger polly conway said...

god bless you, derek! tiny tim is insane!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

So, I was obsessed with Tiny Tim when I was younger, but I don't know why, I didn't know anything about him. I just remember singing tiptoe through the tulips at odd times! Good to know more finally.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Site Counter