Tuesday, September 27, 2005

GUILTY!


Done. I've now done my time as a juror, and quite enjoyed finding the defendant guilty. I weasled my way out of one trial that was going to take days to resolve, but not without a raised eyebrow from the judge. I was later selected for a minor trial in traffic court. It was quite exciting hearing the witnesses testimonies, yet, I really wish the lawyers were a little more experienced, and could break the witnesses, causing them to cry and confess, like Perry Mason always did. Alas, it was not quite as exciting. But I was excited that the case was SO obvious, and had such low stakes. Leaving all of the jurors an easy verdict of guilty without all of the 12 angry men style drama. Well, now that it is over I can now regain my sense of zen, and will resume my movie watching lifestyle that I cherish so much. Till next time,
Derek
P.S. I wasn't aware that Jerry Seinfeld was adding a strip-tease segment to his stand-up act. '...Something New Everyday', as they say.

2 Comments:

Blogger ted d. said...

um, tell us about the raised eyebrows.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

derek! i am so glad you have a blog all about YOU YOU YOU! hooray!!! i love you sweet baby!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Site Counter